When there is no soul-searching, is the soul still there?
from The Sacredness of Questioning Everything by David Dark

We'll build new traditions in place of the old
'Cause life without revision will silence our souls
from "Snow" by Sleeping at Last

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

"Keeper of the Way" by Ross King
Get it on NoiseTrade.

I'm gonna take some time today
To read a book I don't agree with
Find out what it has to say
And I'm gonna turn off my TV
Maybe sit there in the silence
Wonder what my life would be without the noise
Then I'm gonna find some work to do
Maybe trim my trees and hedges
Maybe trim my neighbor's too
Cause I believe it's good to labor with my hands
It's therapeutic to my soul in ways that I don't understand
But that's ok
It's all part of my plan to somehow be "all things to all men"
Though I'm a stranger in this land
I am just another keeper of the Way
And I will guard what I've been given by the Spirit for That Day
I am keeping it with every breath I take
Every part of me is rapidly slipping away
So I'm gonna speak a little less
And I will try to listen more and to assume the very best
Because I know that I don't know that much at all
So I will step a little softer, Who knows?
Maybe I won't fall so hard today
It's all part of my dream to be a whole lot more like Jesus
He was a lot more than what He seemed
I am just another keeper of the Way...
Every part of me is rapidly slipping away
Every part of You has broken thru and filled the space
I'm bringing life back into religion
I'm giving simple things the passion they deserve
I am a living, breathing agent of redemption,
Giving hope and love
A citizen of Heaven, here on earth
So I'm gonna tip my waiter 25 percent
I know a worker's worth his wages, 
So that money is well spent
And I'm gonna tell somebody all about the way
That Jesus saved me, and just maybe they'll believe in Him today
But either way
I've got to do what I can to somehow be "all things to all men"
Though I'm a stranger in this land
I am just another keeper of the Way...
Every part of You has broken thru and filled the space
There is no secular of sacred they are all the same
Every moment, every action is in Jesus' name


Whatever you do, do your work heartily, as for the Lord rather than for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance. It is the Lord Christ whom you serve.
--Colossians 3:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment